Wednesday, April 28, 2010

BK Brothers

I've been putting off writing about the Brothers K because well its a whole lot of book, and I didn't even know what direction I wanted my blog to go in. I decided I want to focus this blog on Grushenka.

Grushenka was one of my favorite characters in the book because she took charge of the situation and for once wasn't the female in distress. I hate how so many book portray women as victims of situations caused by other male characters in the story.

Grushenka not only was desired by two of the main male characters in the brothers K, and would have received a nice chunk of change if she would have pursued Father K. She decided to leave him to go be with an old flame, who wanted to get back with her. She took charge of the situation and left Dmirti and Father K. and for that I really admire her. She prove not only to be strong but also to be far from a gold digger!

No comments:

Post a Comment